[nagdu] How often does a dog have to work?

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 02:16:36 UTC 2014

Hi Nicole, I think that giving the dogs a day when they don't
have to work is good for them mentally.  I can't always do it,
but I notice when I do that the next day my dogs have always
seemed refreshed and rested.  Physically, especially when they're
young I don't think it matters.  But mentally it might.  I was
able to do this with my first three dogs, but my fourth got sick
and it didn't matter so much.  When he was on all his allergy
meds and stuff, he would just plod along.  Cleo loved to work, or
not, it didn't matter.  Lamar was the same.  Neena loves to work,
but there are times I can tell that she's stressed, especially if
we have had a really busy busy week and have not had any time
off.  My husband, who is sighted and knows dogs probably better
than I do, will even tell me, She looks tired.  It's not a
physical thing, though.  Maybe it's just me, and she needs time
away from me.  Lol.  No, not really.  She follows me practically
everywhere now.  (Big smile).    Debby and Neena