[nagdu] How often does a dog have to work?

Danielle Burton danielleburton94 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:59:38 UTC 2014

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the law also says that a dog does not have to wear anything specific to identify it as an assistance dog in general. I also think a college campus is a bit of a different situation than out in public. Things you do on campus you won't do in public such as wear pajamas to class and the like. And to be ho"st nobody really cares on a college campus because nobody has time for it plus everybody's walking around with a book and not even paying attention when crossing a street. So, I think as long as Raven's dog can do leash guiding and if it works for them ed he's is a safe working guide than I don't think we should judge that. I personally keep my harness on but I do take my dog places on campus where I do take her harness off and let her rest but I do keep my leash on unless she's in my ddrm room.  I have a private room because I wanted my dog to have a place where she could have freedom. And ifi had a roommate I wouldn't be able to allow that freedom in case my roommate wasn't willing to dog proof. And before anyone starts telling me to always listen for my dog I can't. If a roommate were to put something where my dog could easily get it without effort I won't hear her. That is why I have to keep her on leash in my parent's house because I can't always hear her. Some"times I can and sometimes I can't. And if she is going to get into anything I'd rather it be my stuff than someone else's. Although she has made a ton of improvement in keeping her paws off the counters.

Danielle and Willa