[nagdu] wearing a harness.

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 18:22:10 UTC 2014

*Moderator hat on going on here*
everyone needs to calm down, take a deep breathe, and step away from the computer/device. I don't think anyone was jumpingh all over anyone, until the last messages over this topic. I sent out an email to the list, early this morning, did no one read that email? Express your opinion, give your views, be blunt, but lets not exagrate or make something that is or is not true more than it is. Rember everyone MUST think before they hit the reply button and then send that message. Can we please act like adults? And also remember that if you have a particular issue with someone on the list, its probably best if you take it up with them off list.

Now, my pup is from GDF, where they do teach the leash guide. I personally like this technique. I use this technique with my pups harness on and with it off. An example of when I use leach guiding, with the harness, is the very crowded, university buildings, to get from class to class. An example of a time when I do not use the harness, is when I need my pup for the balance, when she is guiding, but we are mostly sitting for meetings and such. Is there anything wrong with this, no because this is what I do, not what I expect or what I want others to do. Yes I use treats for my dog, but do not give them to her all of the time, again when I am expecting a certain task or behavior, I will use them. My pup is a lab, so she is very food crazy, I have to be careful not to give too much, as then she will expect them all of the time. Is this right or wrong, neither, as this is what I do, nor do I expect it for everyone, nor do I demand it for everyone to do.

*Moderator hat on again* Treats and wearing the harness are two different topics, so my moderator suggest is that people split the threads.

Lets try to be nice to each other...Thank you!

Marsha drenth, NAGDU List Moderator