[nagdu] our efforts with zoos

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 06:46:26 UTC 2014

Dear, Aleeha,
Normally what happens if you and your guide dog go to a zoo, but this is different for each state, handler must travel with a mammal staff member on zoo grounds and there are restrictions of some areas the dog can not go into.
At the Denver Zoo here in Denver, Colorado, service dogs are allowed on zoo grounds, but are prohibited from the bird house, near the large cat enclosures, not allowed in the wolves den and another area, but I'm forgetting.
In fact, I'm going to be getting my hands on the Denver Zoo's web site and will give it to the secretary of NAGDU.
As for the mammal staff member being with the guide dog user, their job is to prevent other animals from getting riled up, especially the large cats.
Hope this helps out some.
Bibi and MAR son Odie
who are off to bed