[nagdu] really cold was wearing a harness.

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Nov 12 17:02:34 UTC 2014

Rox and Tami,

I didn't know there was such a thing as dog legwarmers.  I've been looking
for boots that come up further on the leg and haven't found much. What she
really needs is a dog snowsuit.  Can't find one of those either though.
*sigh*

I have been leash relieving her.  When she went in the garage I was one step
behind her.   I guess she views the garage as outside?

I was just looking at her coat and made a few adjustments so it would be
warmer.  My next adjustment is to add a piece that will go between her front
legs and fasten around her middle.  that should keep her warm underneath and
hold the entire coat closer to her body, helping when the wind blows so
hard.

I contacted Meghan to see if she had any ideas.  Jetta didn't refuse to go
out last year.  I'm wondering if it is due to our sudden change in
temperature.  It went from being in the 50's and 60's to the teens and crazy
wind with snow literally overnight.  I'm hoping she just needs some time to
get used to the cold.   Meghan suggested the roughwear boots, instead of the
Paws boots that I have.

I was also just talking to Gregg about constructing a wind block in the
backyard.   That would hopefully make relieving at home a bit more
comfortable.  I don't have a lot of trips planned this winter, so relieving
will be almost exclusively at home.

I'm going to try to keep her outdoor time short, 10 minutes or less while
it's this cold.   she did really awesome in harness on the ice and snow
until her feet got cold.   Then everything came to a screeching halt.  We
did try having Monty in front, but it didn't matter.

Well, I need to get myself to my lunch meeting.  Gregg is driving me, thank
all the powers that be.

Julie