[nagdu] Ear Infections

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 15:22:45 UTC 2014

Hi Danielle, labs can get ear infections often.  Seeing Eye
doesn't recommend that we clean the dogs' ears unless there's a
funky smell, so I'm not sure what to tell you about what ear
cleaner to use.  I used to use white vinegar, but I didn't like
the Easter Egg smell.  Lol.  With Craig's pet lab who's now
passed on, we got this really nice apricot-smelling solution.  He
liked it and we did too.  With Lamar my retired guide, I try and
sniff his ears at least once a week, and if he's doing a ton of
head shaking and scratching at his ears, we try cleaning them
first and then if that doesn't help, off to the vet he goes.

Oh yeah, and I gotta say that Lamar isn't particularly thrilled
with me sniffing his ears.  Must tickle or something.

If Willa's ears are exuding something runny a vet visit is
probably in order.    Blessings and peace,    Debby and Neena