[nagdu] Ear Infections

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 00:32:08 UTC 2014

On 11/13/14, Raven Tolliver via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> apple cider vinegar is anti-fungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and
> anti-inflammatory. But if the dog has yeast infections, there is
> nothing you can put into the ears that will clear the yeast up.
> There's an underlying issue. If yeast infections occur in the ears or
> skin, a diet change should be in order. Yeast is fed by sugar, and
> starches are converted into sugar. Considering most people's dogs eat
> kibble, which all kibble contains starch, that is certainly the
> primary cause of a yeast infection.
> However, yeast infections can be genetic in the instance of nr dogs
> consuming a starch-free diet, but have weaker immune systems from
> their conventionally-reared parents and/or ancestry.
>
> On 11/13/14, Cindy Ray via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> Does it heal yeast infections though?
>> Cindy

My guide has never had an ear infection. In fact, his ears seem quite
clean for a dog with floppy ears. My pet dog however used to get
chronic ear infections quite often, particularly when the fur in her
ear canal grew long just before a grooming. We first changed her diet
to a grain free kibble and used apple cider vinegar to clean her ears
whenever they got dirty. We then changed her diet to a freeze dried
food. We rarely clean her ears now and she hasn't got an infection
since she started eating this new diet.

just my experiences
Danielle and Thai