[nagdu] My experiences with crates was:crate vs tie-down

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 03:09:46 UTC 2014

Hi Lisa, I probably would have had the same feelings you did
about the crate if the first one I saw had bars in it: The crate
Neena has is rectangular.  It has kind of a canvas material on
the outside, with mesh so that she can see out of it.  It has two
zippers that zip on the side and a zipper that zips on the top.
Her first crate at home was huge, and both she and Lamar could
have fit in it pretty comfortably.  Lol.  We got a smaller one
that my brother-io-law had, and it's much nicer.  She still
sleeps in there at night when we all go to bed, though I'm
wondering if it might be time to leave the door of the crate open
so that she could get in and out of it at will.  I just don't
quite trust her at night.  And though I feel bad because she's
getting left out, there is NOT room for Lamar, who always has
slept with us, and Flounder our cat who have so slept with us
since we rescued him, so Neena sleeps in her crate.  She doesn't
seem to mind as long as she's in on the treats before bed.  But I
can go to sleep knowing that she's not going to get up and wander
around and get in the garbage or something.  But I'd like to
leave the door of it open for her so she could go get in it if
she wanted to.  But she watched Lamar get on the bed in the
daytime, so now she gets on the bed, too.    Blessings,    Debby
and Neena