[nagdu] My experiences with crates was:crate vs tie-down

Danielle Burton danielleburton94 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:37:20 UTC 2014

Willa absoulutely loves her crate. It's literally her place. She also has a pillow that she can lay on beside my bed that she lays on as well as on my bed. She refuses to sleep with me here in the dorm because I have just a twin size bed and she gets mad if I move so she will get up and go to her crate. I do shot her crate door at night. I think she likes for me too since it gives her a sense of security and a safe place she will grunt with satisfaction when I do this or when she has decided to go to her crate. I have a very small room and I think the crate helps her define her space in my room. She goes into it on her own throughout the day if we are in the room. But again it's just us in my room so no major activity going on beside me studying. She does get super excited when I have friends over. I do put her on tie down or her crate depending on the situation. If we are just hanging out I put her on tie down that way she can be in the activity but she can choose whether hang out or go into her crate since the tie down is right beside her crate. If my friends and I are going to be studying or working I put her in her crate simply because she is easily excitable still and it's a space.

Danielle and Willa