[nagdu] really cold was wearing a harness.

Karyn & Thane bcpaws4me at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 15:30:31 UTC 2014

Julie you have received some good ideas. I wanted to add to it as our temps
crashed from 60's to 30's this week with real feel (wind chill) in low 20's
often times.

Thane is a Border Collie (but a smooth coat with a thin coat naturally)

Last year we really suffered (by not being able to work as much in cold
temps) until I found a fleece coat to put under his harness (with his
regular coat over it) It wasnt ideal but it helped.

I have the  pro purchase program with Ruffwear (available for SD users I
think they only do USA but not positive) I highly recommend it.

They have a number of coats with belly coverage and some leg coverage. I
particularly love the cloud chaser. Its designed for skin tight and is
breathable. It has done an exceptional job this year for Thane. I put it
under his harness. This week I threw one of his older raincoats that I
managed to adapt enough for over his current harness on and they did the
trick.

The problem this late is that Ruffwear may or may not have your dogs size.

They do have a number of models including a fleece coat with a similar
pattern to the cloud chaser.

You might also consider boots if you have not. That might help if the feet
are not so cold.

I have always wondered how the real thin coated dogs handle the cold-- now I
know grin

I dont benefit in any way by recommending the Ruffwear products or pro
purchase plan (half price) Im just a very happy customer with my dog staying
toastie warm.

Karyn and Thane