[nagdu] Your thoughts on cold-weather gear

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 19 22:26:16 UTC 2014

Hi, Emily!
There are a handful of ways that you can tell if your doggie is cold:
1) if he is shivering, shaking, and/or whimpering when he doesn't usually.  Jenny has done any or all of this, particularly in the beginning of winter.
2) Lifting paws.  This one is a big one for Jenny, because we get cold.  Even when it's relatively warm out, the snow, slush and ice make her paws very chilly!  It gets considerably colder here than it does there, so her paws are a big concern.  I wouldn't worry about York's paws if you aren't dealing with extreme cold, snow, etc.

Carrying a sweater or light jacket for York might not be a bad idea, especially since these temperatures are much colder than York is used to.  This is the jacket I use for Jenny
http://www.amazon.com/RC-Pet-Products-Trilogy-Jacket/dp/B0080E04PY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416435890&sr=8-1&keywords=RC+pet+Trilogy+24
This is her size and colour (black would make her invisible, and I don't like purple!)
RC Pet products web site has a size chart for their coats.

Good luck!

Daryl