[nagdu] Obedience

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:45:10 UTC 2014

Hi Tracy, yes, he should be waiting for your command.  So I make
Neena redo stuff if she anticipates my commands.  I do this
because she has a tendency to anticipate what I want to do when
we're walking, so I have to make her go all the way to curbs even
if I know that we're going to turn left or right.  I don't want
her to just go around the corner.  So I have to do this in
obedience too.

One of the things you could do is have her wear her bell during
obedience.  This will give you feedback about where she is, and
if she's lunging for that food.  You could also try doing
obedience outside, especially if you don't have nosy neighbors
who will come by the say, "Oh! What are you doing there?" Lol.
Isn't it funny that if you're just going about your business and
everything's fine, people bug you.  But if you're lost and need
to ask someone a question either there's no one around or people
just walk by.  Lol.

Oh, another thing you could do with obedience is to have a friend
or your husband provide distraction-get a squeaky toy, rattle a
potato chip bag or something.  Good luck!    Peace,    Debby and
Neena