[nagdu] A warning to people visiting NYC

Mary Wurtzel marywurtzel at att.net
Sat Nov 22 00:46:00 UTC 2014

It has been a long time since I sent a post. This kind of goes along with
this e-mail.
I have had an ongoing challenge with Felix scavenging.
He is four years old and also still gets things to tear up when loose around
the house.  He lunges for food on the floor or under the table.  The field
rep from

Gdf came.  He told me to use the buckle-high which may be the same  as the
halty.  I didn't like this devices.
Felix  was kind of crying when it was on.  I think the gentle leader is
better, but it takes me forever to get it on.  I know I do need to practice
with it.
On the really great side of things about Felix is that he is a fantastic
guide and balance dog.  He stops for anything he thinks might trip me, if it
is an elevation or a drop.  I will not bore you with all the great things
Felix does for me.  I sometimes think if I could do away with Felix's nose
it would be fine, LOL.
I am happy for any advice.  I have read what people have posted.  I guess I
am not getting how positive reinforcement works hen  n  I don't know when
Felix will lunge for something.
I really love having a guide dog but do not want to give a bad name to guide
dogdom.