[nagdu] petting guide dog question

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Nov 29 15:47:16 UTC 2014

I do what Lyn does--treat petting as a distraction.  I was happy to get some
drive-by petting in training; it gave me a chance to show Krokus that he has
to ignore it.  I even asked a couple classmates to give him a pat in
harness, so I could see to it he didn't get excited about it.  I figured
other TSE students wouldn't be offended if I corrected my dog.
Krokus is a beautiful dog.  I know people on the bus will try to pet him
when we stand up to get off.  So we work to stay calm about it.
Tracy