[nagdu] Doggie distraction... success?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 1 13:42:31 UTC 2014

Hi!
Jenny has an inconsistent dog distraction; sometimes she will completely ignore another dog, and sometimes she thinks that even though she's working that it's a great idea to say hello and not listen.

Yesterday was definitely a "greet every other dog!" day... but I don't know what to make of today.

This morning we got on the bus, and there was a little dog in a carrier.  Jenny took me right to the dog, but she was very calm and listened to my command to find a seat on the crowded bus.  She sat on the steps and calmly waited, but sniffed the air around the other dog, who was sitting across the aisle and down a couple of rows. She did stay calm, no whining, no tail-wagging, or anything.  When it was my stop, then - and only then - did she try and check out the other dog.  She sniffed some, wagged her tail, but then listened when I told her to leave it and find the door.

I'm not sure what I think about all this this morning... I know others have spoken to me about dog distractions...

Daryl and Jenny (who is playing with her food puzzle)