[nagdu] Some people are assholes

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 04:05:33 UTC 2014

When I go on retreats, I ask if I can make an announcement at the
beginning.  I tell everybody that this is So-and-So my Seeing Eye
dog.  I ask them not to pet, especially if the dog is in harness.
I then ask them not to feed my dog, and I tell them that if they
do, when the dog is having diarhrea or barfing at three in the
morning then it's them that I will call.  It gets a laugh, but
gets my point across.  I have had pretty good luck with that.
It's the person on the street that makes me mad, and I think part
of it is fear.  If my dog takes something from someone, how do I
know that it isn't something poison? I don't mean to be paranoid
at all, but it certainly could happen.  There are some dang weird
people out there.    Debby and Neena