[nagdu] feeding times

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sat Oct 11 17:01:56 UTC 2014

Many schools encourage twice a day feeding. Now in the old days they fed
once a day for six days horse meat. As I hear it the dogs were sick a lot.
So the twice a day feeding with kibble gave much healthier more responsive
eager learners.

My first dog had acid reflux. So we split fed him three times a day.

Now some also feed say a small breakfast and heavier dinner. It all depends
on the dog and focus of the dog. Some dogs do not like a heavy breakfast,
some love a heavy breakfast. The labby in this house loves a heavy breakfast
and lighter dinner. So he gets two cups in the morning and one cup at night.
The dog sleeps well all night and doesn't have to rush to get outside at
four a.m. any longer.

There is probably someone on list if I keep reading who feeds once a day,
but well, yawn, just waking up, smile.

Becky and Jake who says, food, whatever, waves paw away.