[nagdu] feeding times

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 10:07:27 UTC 2014

Like rox ,I also feed the golden guy once daily. I think it's common
with many raw-fed dogs, given they aren't pups.
I also don't feed any given amount on a daily basis. The golden guy
eats anywhere from a few ounces to 3-ish lbs, depending on how much he
ate the day or two before. When I feed whole prey, I just cut it open,
lay it down, and let him eat until he's sated. He's very good at
regulating his own intake, so I don't have to be meticulous about it.
I also vary his feeding time. He typically eats between midnight and
six in the morning, or sometimes in the early afternoon, sometimes
later in the morning, or sometimes in the late evening. It just
depends on my schedule, which varies by season since I'm a college
student.

On 10/11/14, Becky Frankeberger via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Many schools encourage twice a day feeding. Now in the old days they fed
> once a day for six days horse meat. As I hear it the dogs were sick a lot.
> So the twice a day feeding with kibble gave much healthier more responsive
> eager learners.
>
> My first dog had acid reflux. So we split fed him three times a day.
>
> Now some also feed say a small breakfast and heavier dinner. It all depends
> on the dog and focus of the dog. Some dogs do not like a heavy breakfast,
> some love a heavy breakfast. The labby in this house loves a heavy
> breakfast
> and lighter dinner. So he gets two cups in the morning and one cup at
> night.
> The dog sleeps well all night and doesn't have to rush to get outside at
> four a.m. any longer.
>
> There is probably someone on list if I keep reading who feeds once a day,
> but well, yawn, just waking up, smile.
>
> Becky and Jake who says, food, whatever, waves paw away.

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com