[nagdu] Separation anxiety

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 14:20:24 UTC 2014

Music and toys are wonderful. I believe, and correct me if I am wrong,
that they teach those of us who went to the Seeing Eye to leave, but
only go far enough away that the dog cannot see us. Then, walk back in
and praise after a very short time if the dog doesn't whine or bark.
If the dog does whine or bark, do not reward the dog with your
presence. Only reward with your presence when the dog is quiet. This
means that, for the first few sessions, you cannot be too far away.
I hope this helps. Also, maybe you can try some sort of talk show
instead of music. Human voices may be what she needs.
Aleeha and the unhappy Dallas, who doesn't like the pressure changes
in the air this morning