[nagdu] Oktoberfest to Benefit National Association of Guide dog Users

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 14 00:34:40 UTC 2014

Most people are astonished when they hear how often blind people are turned
away because of their guide dogs! When such problems arise, the National
Association of Guide Dog Users is there to help! As guide dog users
ourselves, we know how it feels to face such discrimination and are working
to help the public understand more about the rights and responsibilities of
service dog users. We want to invite you to support the work we do by
joining us at a unique, fun event to raise much-needed funds to continue our
work. Your support will cost you nothing more than a night out at your
favorite restaurant, so I hope you will plan to join us for an evening of
fun, food, and drinks, including a bottomless beer stein, live
entertainment, and valuable prizes for a worthy cause! And to get you in the
mood, click on the following link!

In Heaven There is no Beer <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vvG08Mc_L4>

                On Friday, October 17, the St. Petersburg Lions Club, The
New Barker Magazine, Hattricks tavern, and the sisters of Delta Gamma will
sponsor an Oktoberfest party to support the work of the National Association
of Guide dog Users, a division of the National Federation of the Blind. This
event will feature authentic German cuisine and music, bottomless beer
steins, unique games, valuable prizes, demonstrations of working guide dog
teams, and Guide dog foundation puppies-in-training! The party will be held
at the Lions Beach House, located at 9300 W. Gulf Blvd on Treasure Island
beginning at 6:00 p.m. and last until the kegs run dry! A flyer is attached
to this message for you to post and distribute. Admission is free; however,
food and drinks are on a donation basis. Ask about special group privileges!
For more information, please call (813)626-2789 or email us at

Info at NAGDU.ORG

                As the leading organization of service dog users in the
United States, the national Association of Guide dog Users (NAGDU) works
proactively to protect the rights of those who choose to use a guide dog for
independent mobility. NAGDU conducts public awareness campaigns on issues of
guide dog use, provides advocacy support for guide dog handlers who face
discrimination, supports sound policy and effective legislation to protect
the rights of guide dog users, offers educational programs to school and
civic organizations, and functions as an integral part of the National
Federation of the Blind.

One of our most significant tools, the NAGDU Information & Advocacy Hotline,
provides information and support 24/7. This valuable service offers general
information about service animals under the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA),   as well as specific guidance concerning restaurants, taxicabs, and
health care facilities. In addition, individuals facing discrimination have
the ability to speak with a special advocate trained to mediate access
issues. Future plans for the hotline include summaries of each of the state
laws concerning service animals, more industry specific information, and
guidance in a variety of languages, such as Spanish, Mandarin and Arabic.
The Hotline is available anytime by calling, toll-free, 888-NAGDU411
(888-624-3841).

If You Come .

WHAT: Oktoberfest 2014

WHEN: Friday, October 17

TIME: 6:00 p.m. until the kegs run dry!

WHERE: Lions Beach House

                9300 W. Gulf Blvd.

                Treasure Island, Florida

Admission is FREE! Food & drinks on a donation basis.

For More information

National Association of Guide Dog Users

(813) 626-2789

Info at NAGDU.ORG