[nagdu] a very bad day and seeking suggestion

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 01:43:18 UTC 2014

Good evening fellow doggy directors, (ah, playing with words is quite fun)
     Today was not a very good day for me and my little Dallas boy. It
was quite rainy here in Ohio and we needed, absolutely needed, to get
to a meeting by 1 PM. I left in plenty of time to get there, but we
had a lot of trouble along the way. Dallas was very slow, not wanting
to move hardly at all. It got worse as the rain got heavier. Soon, it
was pouring and we needed to get out of the rain. He just kept slowing
down. He refused to walk through puddles or on wet leaves. He didn't
want to listen to me at all. Finally, soaked and low-spirited, we
arrived at the library, where Dallas proceeded to ignore my
instructions and walk around aimlessly, like he knew where he was
going. He did not, but I finally managed to get him to an elevator.
While sitting waiting on my fellow meeting attendees to arrive, Dallas
whined and shifted restlessly, but I knew that he didn't need to
relieve as he had just done so. When we left the meeting, Dallas
absolutely refused to listen to my command to find outside. He danced
through the tables at the café, turned us completely around, but did
not want to walk back outside, despite my constant guiding toward the
door. I knew nearly exactly where the door was, but Dallas kept
veering away from it. This also happened in the student center last
night. Both places are fairly open and are not mere hallways. They
also have a lot of noise and people, so I really don't know what to do
to try to fix this. Finally, on the way home, Dallas seemed to balk at
walking through a long stretch of sidewalk covered in wet leaves. Any
suggestions as to how to improve any of this would be greatly
appreciated. I am not looking forward to repeating this adventure
tomorrow morning as well on my way to and from an appointment.
Aleeha and sweet Dallas

--
Aleeha Dudley and Seeing Eye Yellow Labrador Dallas
Vice President, Ohio Association of Blind Students
Email: blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter at @blindcowgirl199

The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.
- Arabian Proverb