[nagdu] How to Take Your Pet Everywhere

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 03:14:03 UTC 2014

I think that this is a very awkward issue.  In a former life (no,
not reincarnation), but before NFB days, I was president of a
guide dog user group.  There was a woman who had a service dog,
not a guide.  Her dog was very ill-behaved, barking at people,
growling, and being a regular nuisance.  A woman came to a
meeting where the other woman was with her service dog.  The
little dog misbehaved, and the other woman was quite incensed,
asking me why I didn't kick her out.  I told her that it was not
my place to do so.  We had to go through a whole email discussion
about this, and I never did convince her that I was correct.  She
said that NFB would have kicked her out.  I told her that the
hotel had the authority to ask that the dog be removed, but I did
not.  It left a very sour taste in my mouth.  I did not, and do
not want to be the Enforcer.  If I have to be then I certainly
will do it, but it's not my place to do that just because I may
be president.  But what say you?    Peace,    Debby and Neena