[nagdu] How to Take Your Pet Everywhere

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 16 11:23:25 UTC 2014

Debbie,

	Well, as president of NAGDU, I feel I am qualified to answer this
questions. If I am presiding over a meeting and there is someone with a dog
that is misbehaving, I have not only the right but the responsibility to ask
that person to remove the dog. In the message to the list, you said you did
not want to be the enforcer. Well, as the person presiding over a meeting,
you are the enforcer - the person responsible for maintaining order during
the meeting. I would even say that, if I am in a place of public
accommodation and there is a dog that is out of control, I feel I have the
right to either ask that person to get their dog under control and/or advise
the staff of that place that they have the right to ask that person to
leave.

	I believe disabled individuals are more focused upon asserting their
rights than taking responsibility. With every right there is a concomitant
responsibility. When businesses begin to know and assert their rights, those
with out of control dogs - service animals or not - will begin to accept the
responsibility of respecting the rights of the general public. JMHO!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala