[nagdu] Belly strap?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 05:11:53 UTC 2014

I would personally leave it on the loose side as you are. This
definitely won't be the last time you have to adjust the belly strap,
so it's fine. She's still growing, and she'll fill out in the chest as
well.
A good rule, as Emily said, is to be able to fit your hand between the
belly strap and the dog's belly, or technically their chest. That way,
you know it fits just right, and they have breathing room.

On 10/16/14, Emily Michael via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi Daryl and all,
>
> I can fit my hand inside the harness between York's belly and the strap. My
> school said that was a good size - and a good way to tell if your pup is
> gaining weight.
>
> Best,
> Emily
> ---
> Emily K. Michael
> emily.k.michael at gmail.com
> Blog: http://areyouseeingthis.wordpress.com/
>
> "Nowhere, Love, will world exist but within."
> - Rainer Maria Rilke
>
> On Oct 16, 2014, at 2:59 PM, Daryl Marie via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> For those who use harnesses with belly straps, how much room do you leave
>> between the strap and the belly?  I have our harness as small as it will
>> go, but it seems a tad bit tight; but even loosening it another bit - less
>> than an inch - seems a little bit loose.  I'm inclined to leave it a tad
>> on the loose side - she can't get out of it - but just wanted to know.
>>
>> Daryl

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/emily.k.michael%40gmail.com

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com