[nagdu] Extra seats?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 31 21:58:16 UTC 2014

Hi!

Others have spoken about this, but I would love an opinion.

I travel frequently from Edmonton to Calgary by bus.  The company that our blind sports organization has an agreement with insists that two seats be assigned for me and my guide dog.  Even though I have made is perfectly clear that there is enough room for jenny and I in a single seat, they block off two seats for us and insists that it is company policy.

This is not something I wish them to do, I have made that perfectly clear on each trip I have taken, but am at a loss on whether to pursue this, and if I do, in what direction?

I am interested in opinions and advice... I will make this very clear, I do NOT seek out the extra seat, have turned it down and told them to give it to someone else, etc. I DON'T WANT IT!  So don't jump down my throat about receiving special treatment.

Thanks!

Daryl