[nagdu] drinking water, was, puppy follow!

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 18:19:46 UTC 2014

Neena drinks more water than my lab-golden.  Lamar doesn't drink
that much.  Right now the only time I call her away from water is
at night before bed.  She can have a reasonable drink, but if she
seems to be tanking up, I don't let her, only because I'm not
that crazy about crawling out of bed at 3 in the morning to take
her out to park.  But she's a good girl, and usually comes away
from the water quite willingly.  I have had four Goldens now, and
they can be pretty food driven as well, just like Labs.  With
Cleo I had to use a basket muzzle on her.  She became so obsessed
with food and other stuff on the ground that I finally had to get
help from my school, and the basket muzzle was the result.  She
could breathe easily through it, and it was easy to remove when I
wanted to feed her or give her water.  I got a few comments about
it, but once I explained her obsession with stuff on the ground,
people would accept that.  SORRY, I got to rambling.    Debby and
Neena