[nagdu] drinking water, was, puppy follow!

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 04:17:49 UTC 2014

Goldens, like Labs, can be food driven whether taught not to be
or not.  I think it makes you have to be more vigilant, My first
Golden was not so bad, nor my second, but the third Golden I had,
wow, she would just walk past something and quickly pick it up.
Her move was often very subtle.  She still, at age 12, still
picks up rocks, so I've been told.  I can't remember how many
times I corrected her, shoved my hand into her mouth, put her on
tie down, substituted good things instead of the undesirable.
But she was also very emotional, so when we would go to
conventions, she would not eat for three or four days, so often I
think she was just so hungry that her instinct to retrieve, and
to eat, just overpowered her otherwise good sense.  Neena, thank
goodness, is improving.     Debby and Neena