[nagdu] Guide Dogs and childcare centers

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 20:37:29 UTC 2014

How did you get to be a volunteer at the childcare center with no disclosure? Was it all done by phone? You’ve never been to the place?

You are not required, but if you haven’t been there, then you have no idea what the place is really like. You are going to go your first day knowing nothing about the moving about there. I personally think I would have preferred to have some time to get to know the place little.

Have you figured out how you are going to deal with children who have fears of dogs? If you get the opportunity to have a teaching moment with the kids, you can teach the kids at some points about the dog.

I think I would want them to know and I would think I would want a visit before I started. This is what I would want.

Cindy