[nagdu] Is It Safe to Feed Dogs Commercially Available Broth That Contains Onions?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 06:29:39 UTC 2014

Nicole,
I would not chance it. If you want or need to give a dog broth, it is
very easy to make chicken broth or bone broth with dog friendly
seasonings, or no seasonings at all. The dog will like it either way,
though there are many delicious herbs that have nutritional and
medicinal value.
Do whatever you are most comfortable with.

On 9/5/14, Nicole Torcolini via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Please do not ask why I am asking this question. I know it onions
> in certain amounts can be toxic to dogs. If a commercially
> available broth contains a small amount of onion, is it safe to
> feed a dog that broth?
>
> Nicole and Lexia

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com