[nagdu] Changing diet

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:13:18 UTC 2014

Hello all,
I am looking to change my dog’s diet and am looking for recommendations of independent resources or guides that might help me make a decision on what food would be best vs. cost, etc. I have a 6 year old male golden who is prone to the itchiness and skin allergies that are apparently fairly common to his breed. These seem to have gotten worse as he ages. My vet recommended I switch to a food with salmon or some kind of fish in it but did not recommend any specific brands. Choosing a dog food is something I have never really thought about. Where can I go to get informed?

Thanks,
Greg