[nagdu] How does your dog help you?

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 14:51:04 UTC 2014

Thank you.  I also want to add that now I enjoy going for walks
just for the pleasure of walking.  And now, with GPS, I can walk
not necessarily knowing where I'm going, just walk for the
pleasure of the movement, Neena guiding me and being my
companion, and then I can come back home, feeling tired in that
good way that you feel after doing something fun.  So I thank God
for my Neena, even when she does things that annoy me.  (Smile).
What she offers me is freedom in a way I never have felt with a
cane.  For those who do feel that freedom using a cane, great! Go
for it.  But please don't put those of us who don't feel that
freedom, down.  We have a right to our choice as much as you do.
(And I know I'm preaching to the choir on this list, but I really
really hate the snide remarks some ardent cane users have spouted
at me and others who choose to travel with dogs instead of canes.
Peace,    Debby and Neena