[nagdu] service dog in a private practice

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 02:45:58 UTC 2014

Hi there! Well, whether you should have fought it or not is a
personal decision.  But I think that you had every right to fight
it.  There should have been an attempt to make a reasonable
accommodation for you and your dog.  I can't quote the title and
all, (never have been good at that).  And the people who own the
building, it doesn't matter whether they like dogs in their
building or not, because if they allow the general public in
their building guide and service dogs are allowed.

I don't know if I would have fought it or not, it's a hard
situation when you have a relationship with a therapist.  I had a
doctor who was allergic to dogs.  I really liked her, so chose to
leave my dog at home when I had to go see her.  I don't know if
I'd make that choice now or not.    Peace,    Debby and Neena