[nagdu] service dog in a private practice

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 10 23:59:13 UTC 2014

Abigail,

	According to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the offices of a
health care provider are considered a place of public accommodation  (42 USC
12181(7)(F)) ( and are a covered entity. Covered entities are required to
modify their policies, practices, and procedures to allow an individual with
a disability to use a service animal on their premises where other patrons,
customers, or clients are allowed (28 CFR Section 36.302(c)(1)) Guidance
from the DOJ specifically states that allergies and fear of animals are
generally not reasons to exclude a service animal. If you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala