[nagdu] Washington Post: Uber sued for allegedly refusing rides tothe blind and putting a dog in the trunk

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 04:11:14 UTC 2014

Hi all, there's another company similar to Uber called Lift.  The
same thing happened to a friend of mine.  He and his dog were
supposed to be picked up at work and driven home.  He lives in
another city from our job, and there's no bus connection between
the two.  So when he downloaded LIFT to his phone, he was given a
bunch of free rides, which was their offer for new folks.
Anyway, the car came to get him and when the driver saw that the
blind person had a dog, he left.  Not sure what he is doing about
this.  I had thought about getting this App and using Lift, but I
don't exactly want to get stranded.    Peace,    Debby and the
Golden Neena