[nagdu] Washington Post: Uber sued for allegedly refusingridestothe blind and putting a dog in the trunk

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:53:49 UTC 2014

Wow I have never had any problems with either service, I agree that something needs to be done. I also want to note that the driver must except the ride first when you requested. If the driver has pulled away, and you request another ride, he should not accept it. If he does, that's just ignorance on his part. As far as identifying yourself as having a service animal, I do not agree. In my opinion, that makes it more difficult for those of us who do not want to identify ourselves as having a service dog before the driver pulls up. If all of us choose not to disclose this fact, then we can act accordingly when a driver refuses to take us. This will make it easier on the next person.

Aleeha Dudley and seeing eye dog Dallas
Vice President, Ohio Association of blind students
Blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
"The wind of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears." Arabian proverb

Sent from my iPhone