[nagdu] Freeze-dried dogfood

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 15:41:08 UTC 2014

Tracy,
Freeze-dried dog food is freeze-dried, not frozen. It is stored at
room temperature, and yes, it is rehydrated with water. Feeding
instructions with different brands will say how much to add per
serving.
Also, commercial raw diets are not the same as prey-model raw because
typically, commercial brands still add in fruits, veggies, and other
biologically inappropriate things that are sure to irritate the
digestive tract for sensitive dogs.

On 9/12/14, Tracy Carcione via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> What is freeze-dried dogfood like?  Does it need to stay frozen until near
> feeding time?  Does one need to add plenty of water to rehydrate it, or just
>
> a bit, as I do with kibble?
> I vaguely using some dry version of Nature's Variety raw.  My dog didn't
> tolerate it any better than she did the plain raw.
> Tracy

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com