[nagdu] The Heat

Craig Heaps craig.heaps at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 20:54:38 UTC 2014

This is cerainly a question to put to your trainers at GDB.

Off hand, with my limited guide dog experience of a year and a half, I would
say water your dog often when it's hot.  I carry a bottle of water and a
collapsible dog bowl for Chase.  GDB will give you a set of four booties for
your dog.  Use them when you think the pavement will burn his or her feet.
I sometimes bend down and feel the asphalt or concrete to see how hot it is.

Never leave your dog in a hot place whether it's a car of a building.
Search for shade when your'e out.  Take your dog into air conditioned
businesses periodically if you're walking sometwhere.

Do things that keep his or her body temperature low or lower it when it gets
high.  Chase loves to eat ice cubes.I'm not sure if ice is a good solution
however if your dog is over heated.  The extreme change might not be good.
You can ask the folks at GDB.

Craig and Chase