[nagdu] Uber sued for allegedly refusing rides to the blind andputting a dog in the trunk

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:25:49 UTC 2014

			No, you don't. You don't have to show your id to a
police officer. You can refuse if you would like. You will need to be
prepared to deal with that, in court if need be, but you do not need to whip
out your id just because a police officer asks.
Also, in cases like buying a drink, or obtaining medicine, the person
wanting the goods starts the interaction. You know that you need or want the
product, and you know that the person behind the counter is who they say
they are, and is acting an the capacity they are supposed to be.
You aren't required to show an id simply because someone demands it taking
it on faith that the person asking for the id is who they say they are.
Also, what right does anybody have to know more about someone then you know
about them? Very scary thought.
Lastly, if you say "Well, the owner of a store can sort it all out", what
bennifit would there be to having a dog if you had to wait extra before you
could do what you needed to do?
"Sorry, the owner is busy, not here, restocking shelves..., can you wait a
few minutes please?" knowing full well that "no" isn't an option?