[nagdu] New member

Emily Michael emily.k.michael at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 19:36:58 UTC 2014

Good afternoon, everyone,

My name is Emily, and I've just joined this list. I graduated with my first guide, York, two months ago. York is a black lab male from Southeastern Guide Dogs in Palmetto, FL.

I'm excited to be part of a community of guide dog users! I'm a poet, musician, and college writing instructor living in Jacksonville, FL. I teach at the University of North Florida, and York is proving a wonderful addition to the classroom.

In the two months since our graduation, York has been everywhere with me – chorus rehearsals, office hours, and long faculty meetings. I'm preparing him for the upcoming symphony season by taking him to a few orchestral rehearsals as well. We'll see how he likes this year's program!

I'm looking forward to the discussions on this list and delighted to be among you all!

With best,
Emily
---
Emily K. Michael
emily.k.michael at gmail.com
Blog: http://areyouseeingthis.wordpress.com/

"Nowhere, Love, will world exist but within."
- Rainer Maria Rilke