[nagdu] owner training

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Sep 21 13:08:13 UTC 2014

There aren't any.  Trust me, I've looked.  What you have to do is read books
about dog training and books about guide dogs, then you have to apply the
methods in the dog training books to the specific skills a guide dog needs
to learn.  And of course ask  a million questions of people who work guide
dogs or who have owner trained a guide dog.  You can join the new owner
trainers list here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/owner-trained-guide-dogs

or by email:
owner-trained-guide-dogs+subscribe at googlegroups.com

Welcome to the NAGDU list!  I should introduce myself, I'm Julie.  I've
owner trained three dogs.  I'm currently working dog 3 and 4
interchangeably.  Dog 4 was privately trained for me by a blind person who
has also owner trained.

Julie