[nagdu] Running with your guide?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 21 15:19:47 UTC 2014

Hey!
I know a few months back a couple people posted on this topic, but I don't have the time or inclination to go digging. LOL

I am doing a fundraising run next weekend to support our provincial blind sports organization, and I often get asked if Jenny is running with me.  Knowing Jenny as I do I know that in the future this is something she would quite possibly REALLY like to do, but at this time I haven't been able to work with her on this.  So while I am running, my husband (who is doing the walk) is going to take her on a nice long 3.5K walk!
For those who have run/jogged with your dogs, what do you do? Like, are they just on-leash, or in harnesses? What kind of harness do you use?  I think I remember that the traditional guide dog harness with the belly strap isn't good for their shoulders to run with.  I know Julie J. makes harnesses, but does anyone use commercial harnesses?
Very curious!

Daryl