[nagdu] Why I decided not to owner train.

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Sep 21 15:45:09 UTC 2014

Yes,  I agree with what everyone else has said.

this last time around I decided not to owner train because I wasn't willing
or able to make the time  available that would have been necessary to train
a dog.   It is a lot and I do mean a lot of work.   Owner training requires
a good chunk of time each day.  I couldn't figure out where that time was
going to come from, seeing as how I only have your basic 24 hours to work
with and I get very grumpy with not enough sleep.   I could have quit my job
or given up home schooling my Kiddo or given up the garden and assorted
kitchen projects.  I wasn't willing to do any of that though.   Also when I
thought of owner training again, I wanted to crawl in the closet and pull a
blanket over my head and sleep for about a week.  Seriously just the memory
of it makes me tired.

So I hired a trainer instead.  I thought about going through a program,
thought about it a lot.  In the end, after changing my mind about 482 times,
I went with a private trainer because it felt right.  It's what I needed to
do for myself, my family and for the sake of the dog.

Julie