[nagdu] Length of Training (was: Why I decided not to owner train.)

Leye-Shprintse Öberg leyeshprintse at ymail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:45:11 UTC 2014

BS"D

Debby,

Four months for training a guide dog sounds really stressful for both the trainer; and especially, for the dog. In Sweden, it takes around 7 months to train a guide dog. What are your dogs learning during their training? Is it effecting the quality of the dogs?

We're getting two weeks of training when we receive our dogs; for first time handlers it's one week at 'campus' and one week at home; and generally, at home for the rest. the quality has gone down according to my friends.

LeSholom,
Leye-Shprintse and Hera