[nagdu] Why I hate relieving on route

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Sep 30 17:13:50 UTC 2014

Raven, I'll tell you why I hate when a dog relieves on route.
I have to walk around with a full baggy, looking for a trashcan.  Some
places they're easy to find; others there just aren't any.
Not too nice, carrying around a full baggy on the way to a romantic
dinner, or headed somewhere with co-workers.

Or, I miss the signal, and the dog poops on the sidewalk.  I try to clean
it up like a good citizen, and end up stepping in it because I don't know
quite where it is.  Heading back to the office or to the bus with sh-- on
my shoes.  Not nice at all.

When Ben is getting ready to go, but isn't quite ready yet, he gets very
sniffy.  His mind is on relieving, not guiding.  It's a distraction.  He's
a much better guide after relieving than before, but he won't go before.

You may not care about these things, but I feel strongly about them.
Tracy