[nagdu] age of guide dog maturity

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 02:28:21 UTC 2015

Hi John, you can't expect her not to be a little excited when
company comes.  Running in circles is not the worst thing she
could do.  As long as she doesn't jump on your company, then
showing excitement is pretty normal.  We never want to break the
spirit of our dogs, and there is a balance between letting them
do everything they want to do and having well-behaved dogs who
are under control.  When company comes, you might want to have
Mollie on leash until all the greetings are over and people are
seated or whatever.  Then let her be a dog, meaning allow her to
be petted and all, and then have her come and lie down by you.
Eventually she will probably just do that naturally as you
consistently have her do that.    Peace,    Debby