[nagdu] Toileting Harness and Nylon Work Harness

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Apr 2 12:32:44 UTC 2015

Welcome to the list!  I do make nylon guide harnesses.  I used to make them
custom to order, but I think I'm going to make them ahead and sell what I
have.  My ability to sew is not consistent and I don't want to keep people
waiting for their orders.   Feel free to email me off list and we can
discuss the options.

I used to make the toileting harnesses also.  I haven't done any for a long
time.  I just looked to see if I could get the supplies to make one for you,
but the supplier I use no longer has the parts.  I will need to either find
a different supplier or modify the design.

Most people who use the relieving harness do so outdoors along with the
routine relieving procedure.  Typically the relieving harness is used for
people who have difficulty bending to pick up or for dogs who walk when
relieving, making picking up difficult.  I don't know of anyone who leaves
the relieving harness on while working their guide and I only know of one
person who used it indoors and that is Tracy, who has spoken about her
experience with her retired guide.  It may very well work in the way you are
envisioning, but I personally don't know of anyone who has tried.

My email address is: julielj at neb.rr.com
Again, welcome to the list!

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC