[nagdu] Toileting Harness and Nylon Work Harness

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Apr 1 17:25:02 UTC 2015

Hi Karla.
Welcome to the list, or out of lurkerhood.  BTW, I work in New York City,
and live in north Jersey.  I have a young lab/golden cross named Krokus,
from The Seeing Eye.  He is my 7th guide dog.
I bought a nylon harness for my previous dog Ben.  I bought it from
PawPower, who are no longer in business.  I like it because it's light, and
I felt Ben was more comfortable on days where he had to wear his harness all
day without much of a break.  I also like the removable handle, which makes
us both more comfortable in small spaces like taxis.  However, I feel like
the handle attachment is not as rigid as it on my leather harness, so I
don't get the same feedback through the handle as I'm used to. Also, I had
to be sure to pull back on the handle to increase the feedback, which I
guess I'm not doing so much with the leather harness, for better or worse.

I too would be interested in knowing where to get a relieving harness, as I
can't find mine anywhere.  I don't anticipate needing it any time soon, but
it's handy to have.
Tracy, Krokus, and Ben