[nagdu] Length of harness handle?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 13 11:54:25 UTC 2015

Hey, guys!

Jenny has always had a pretty strong pull, but I notice she does MUCH better at keeping with my pace when she is walking closer beside me rather than more out in front.  A friend of mine has a guide dog harness where the handle is only about halfway down his back, so he's only about a half-step in front of her.  I was thinking about requesting a shorter harness handle to see if that helps, so Jenny and I are not in this crazy power struggle over how fast I want to go.  Currently, her harness handle is basically right at her bum.
How long are your harness handles? Do you think this might be worth trying?

Daryl