[nagdu] vaccinations

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 15 14:45:30 UTC 2015

Hi, Danielle,

I am a bit of a vaccine minimalist.  Last year, I took Jenny for her vaccines, and for the first week she had indigestion; for the first month it was like I had to COMPLETELY retrain her on absolutely everything we had spent the past year working through.  In August it will be time to re-vaccinate, but I think I will get a Titer         test run to check her antibodies.

Daryl

----- Original Message ----- From: Danielle Sykora via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> To: NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users <nagdu at nfbnet.org> Sent: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 08:35:45 -0600 (MDT) Subject: [nagdu] vaccinations  Hi all, The topic of vaccinations came up in one of my classes today and it got me thinking... What vaccinations do you feel are necessary and how frequently do you vaccinate your dogs? Just to provide some background, I understand and agree with the fact that vaccinations can be beneficial in preventing severe and easily communicable diseases in dogs and humans alike; however, I personally feel that excessive vaccination is unnecessary and can actually weaken the immune system. I'm trying to decide how much is too much. Also, I know that under the ADA, a place of public accommodation can obviously not request proof of vaccination. Does the same apply to the FHA? Danielle and Thai _______________________________________________ nagdu mailing list nagdu at nfbnet.org http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nagdu_nfbnet.org To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nagdu: http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/crazymusician%40shaw.ca