[nagdu] vaccinations

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 04:29:23 UTC 2015

Hi Danielle, I vaccinate for rabies, (I believe it's probably
illegal not to).  I think my state requires the vaccines every
two years.  I also vaccinate for Parvo and some of the common dog
viruses.  Last summer I was working somewhere where there were
quite a few other guide dogs, and one of the dogs had kennel
cough.  The guy hadn't kept up with those vaccinations, so his
dog exposed all of ours.  No one of us were very happy with him.
Now, my new job will be with one other person with a dog.

The thing is, it's just like vaccines for kids.  Lots of kids
were exposed to and got flu, measles and stuff this year because
other kids weren't vaccinated.  I don't think it's fair in this
day and age not to vaccinate.  We're all living closer to each
other, whether we like it or not.  And I don't want my dog to get
something because someone else chose not to vaccinate, and on the
flip side, I don't want someone else's dog exposed to something
because I didn't choose to vaccinate.  JMHO.    Peace,    Debby